Impact assessment of non-pharmaceutical interventions against coronavirus disease 2019 and influenza in Hong Kong: an observational study - The Lancet
By: Cowling, et al.
Investigate effectivity of Honk-Kong’s (severe) containment measures
- Next to social distancing, travel restrictions etc. Hong Kong implemented frequent testing and isolation of positively tested patients. Close contacts of patients are also quarantined in special facilities.
- As of March 31 Hong Kong had 715 confirmed cases, 94 of whom were asymptomatic.
- Multiple surveys among Hong Kong residents showed good adherence to social distancing measures.
- Figure below shows implementation of Hong Kong measures, the second figure shows the number of cases and the Rt (= number of patients infected by one confirmed case, below 1 indicates a decline in disease, above 1 indicates the disease tends to grow).
- The figures show the Rt remained around 1, indicating the disease is not growing further after implementation of containment measures.